Friday 1 March 2013

LOVESTRUCK

I sit stark naked in the dark waiting on inspiration to spark
I’m tearing my thoughts apart in a mental shark attack
Hoping to embark on a journey that puts my reality on a gurney
Only to be resuscitated when I need it back.
My past and future fade to black while I stay searching strings of things
It’s like I’m running a marathon against springs;
I’m always snapping back to you.
You who stars in every episode of my playwritings
 All one million of them till I fix you into dark skies as night lightings
And you have never looked so beautiful.
Your shine has never felt so dutiful engulfing me in its radiance;
It’s you who leaves me delightful even from a distance.
It’s always you who sight’s full of great things done and the greater yet to come
Your passion that never succumbs when challenges drum
Your modesty that sits above your ego is the body that links the path of where you’re going to that which you’re from like two opposable thumbs
I’m walking right beside you so there’ll be no need fill the road with crumbs
Just forgive my shrieking voice when I start to hum.
…But I’m with you.
You who bore to me your beliefs, fears and defects
And danced with me despite my faults without a halt
You, with whom the absolute was derived from two imperfects
I see a man whose choices weigh a ton
Never a broken nor uncertain man but he whose empire stands undone
I’m asked why I love you, why I call you “The One”
Above all of mothers’ sons
Why I choose you.
But they haven’t seen extraordinary
No, they haven’t met us yet
They may have been in contact with a carbon copy
Or from a distance familiarized with our silhouette.
Let them come up close and see we’re exquisite
Sublime, magnificent in a way that the normal can’t help but anxiously quiz it
We’re desirable like milk-bathed skin
Surreal yet completely genuine
It’s this love we’re in
That thin thread between insanity and actuality on which we tread
Give us Lord our daily bread and together; body, heart and head, we are fed.
This love that guides us to what resides on the other side of distant hills
That fills our souls on adventurous rides and heart-thumping thrills
You’re that sentiment that keeps ink to my quill
Yes I love you, always have…always will.
There's a burn inside my chest that gets my insides to churn.
A passion that turns me towards a path that I yearn
I am loved and I love in return.

1 comment: