Wednesday 1 February 2012

JAMESETTA

I caught myself daydreaming once again this morn
With a hand gently placed on my belly in anticipation of my unborn
I imagine her staring wide at me, my child
She possesses her father's dream filled eyes
And carries the joy that is her mother's smile.
I can't shake the tingle running down my spine
She has me wrapped around her little finger
When her little fingers momentarily wrap around mine.
Beautiful innocence made out of love
And love I devotedly give to her
More and more each day, like it could never be enough.
Jamesetta,
After my mother I'm thinking I should name her
She deserves a name synonymous to herself; Unique
Owned only by two from generations before me
She's number three.
The charm lodged in my arms
I'm consumed to keep her there and protect her from harm.
Let there be life and so she'll be
In time; the only gap that separates her from me
But my dreams builds a bridge that draws us together
In them I catch a glimpse of the light I'll call my daughter.
Fervently praying to be
her blessing
Her person and more than a mother should naturally be.
For her I must live true to life and learn what it has to teach
That I may reach her first a model woman
Before I dare ask her to practice what I preach.
I dread those days she strays and I'm pressed to scold her
When she gets lost in her ways and her phases won't let me hold her
I pray I'm not fazed by challenges I'm faced with in my quest to mould her
I trust to raise a true soldier.
Fruit of my womb
Extension of my being
Daddy's angel, mummy's pride
I daydream of the future, hands still on my stomach
Waiting in time for the life yet to grow inside.




















2 comments: