Tuesday 8 January 2013

HE DOESN'T WRITE ANYMORE

He doesn’t write anymore.

Before, he would wade in the water till the sea hurled to shore his words galore
But he’s internalized his hurt and his disdain remains unfurled
So I can no longer relate to his pain and heal him from the world.

He doesn’t write anymore.

As if he didn’t know I consumed his inscriptions of a thousand tongues like it was air to my lungs
And I could breathe in the echoes of a throng of his melodies
But his verses are missing from a song of memories
His lyrics no longer belong.

He doesn’t write anymore.

Like he took a nap and woke up to a time his art no longer spoke
Like he broke his pen or lost the wave of its stroke
It’s like a curse I wish to revoke; so bewitch me, cloak me
Otherwise tear these blank sheets from his book, please
Un-produce them and re-erect the oak tree.

He doesn’t write anymore.

Like he took the wrong course and got trapped behind the door of an unworthy cause
And his words have been held hostage lest taken by force
But he’s weak and addled, a tired horse without a saddle
He can only pray for help from a divine source.

He doesn’t write anymore

Though I wish he would.
I wish to inspire him from the ground up; I wish he stood.
I’d dish him food to nourish his mind up; I’d feed him good.
Just to inspire him to write a little bit more
I wish he would.

10 comments:

  1. I would say you are good... Van.. but that would be an understatement

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep Good would be an understatement. hats off ma`am,U Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaawww! Beautiful!
    I so enjoying reading your work. Beautiful way with words

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully captivating is the closest I could come to describing this one

    ReplyDelete
  5. the flair...flares up in the air..rhymes flow like they unfurl from inside your fingernails..he should restart writing after reading this, for sure :)

    ReplyDelete