Tuesday 22 January 2013

WHAT IFs

What if I just showed up at your door?
Heart on my sleeve, pride crouched down to the floor
Hope in each knock and when you opened up, your dreams in my eyes were all you saw
Plus just a few more and I could ever so clearly see mine in yours
What if words needn’t be spoken so the silence needn’t be broken?
Our lips shut closed but our hearts remain widely open
What if you grazed my hand as a token of emotion?
Of this heartbreaking separation we’d been forcibly soaked in
What if you managed my name in a soft tender whisper?
And yours escaped mine innocently like a kitten’s purr
What then would you prefer when feelings begin to naturally stir?
That I leave or come back to love, much deeper than we ever were?
My request is simple;
Be mine while I be yours, let us be a happy people.

What if we gained some closure to this our rollercoaster?
Then towards you I took the first step closer?
What if my every word got transferred through the passion that we weigh?
And all you heard without a doubt was what I couldn’t say?
What if our feet should meet somewhere in the middle
And the rest of us would greet prior our familiar cradle
If the sigh we exclaim should relieve pressures in my brain
Would it be so insane if the pleasure we gained would forever remain?
What if God himself should come down to bless our union?
And restored the faith of an aching man and woman.

I’ll lend more than my hand just so you comprehend the extent of this love I have for you
That it not be abused or misconstrued because I choose to lay it all down for you
See, our idea of love and love’s ideas may sometimes vary
But we’ve engaged them so surely at some point the two must marry
What if these whats ifs were the first move to a second chance
Would you walk away or shall we dance?

19 comments:

  1. Awesomeness!!!
    I always enjoy reading your work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice.I like how it ended,the last two lines.

    Actually your blog title
    "Thoughts In Rhyme Of A Clumsy Girl," made me expect rhymes.And the rhymes sure weren't clumsy.

    My favourite lines:

    "What if I just showed up at your door?
    Heart on my sleeve, pride crouched down to the floor"

    "What if words needn't be spoken so the silence needn't be broken?
    Our lips shut closed but our hearts remain widely open"

    "What then would you prefer when feelings begin to naturally stir?
    That I leave or come back to love, much deeper than we ever were?"

    "And all you heard without a doubt was what I couldn’t say?"

    "See, our idea of love and love’s ideas may sometimes vary
    But we've engaged them so surely at some point the two must marry"


    "What if these what’s ifs were the first move to a second chance
    Would you walk away or shall we dance?"

    Another love poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you like a lot ooo, lol...aww thanks though. Can't help it, I'm a sucker for love....

      Delete
  3. Jabesh Amissah-Arthur23 January 2013 at 01:39

    Whoa.... Impressive..... Definitely got some skills, SERIOUS SKILLS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. See what I was telling you the other time, you worry too much. Your style is almost flawless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My worries lie in the 'almost'...BUT I'm working on it :-)

      Delete
  5. Love... Love... Love.... Loooooooooooove...
    Raw but hidden emotions...
    Silent but loud words

    ReplyDelete
  6. By all mean, let's dance! Who dares answer in the negative after reading such?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *means. Blame the poem for my loss for words ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still writing about love but damn you've come a long. Your hard work has really payed off. Yr use of language is impressive. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Appreciate it Dela. You're a real motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for the second chance...let's marry!! i love that word 'marry'..good job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Job.
    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm wordless, and that doesn't happen very often. This. Is. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... I blush. I blush...lol. Thanks Korkor :)

      Delete