Monday 7 November 2011

LETTER TO LOVE

Dear Love,

You've never hurt me
You never laid a hand upon my chest
With intentions of ripping out my heart violently
Squashing and thrashing it till shredded and fell against the dirt of the earth
Like debris; to lay lifelessly.
You've never failed me
People did.

Sick of imitations of you and false facts
You stretched your hand and proposed to cure
But I held back
Forgetting through all things you can endure
You've always been pure and sure
Can't say that I have..
Can't say that I never let go
Though you've never disowned me
You held me together
Promised me forever from the get-go.
My world's fast-paced while yours is set slow
So when you offer adventures on never ending highways
I'm caught between yes's and no's
Forgive my hesitation dear love,
I do not mean to doubt you.

Dreams of you keep me awake
For your sake
I should jump off cliffs and hope to fly
And should I die
Would memories of me linger as the woman who dared to try?
I should dare to risk it all to love you, sweet love.

I've heard of you
Through songs sang, words spoken and unspoken
I've seen you
I've felt a fraction of what I know to be you.
It was you right?
When my doors closed and I waited in dark hallways for another to open
That was you who crept up beside me and had my corner brightened
Lit my nights for the taking.
It had to be you
When tissues and towels failed to wipe away the tears
When cries and fears choked up my nasal pathway
You had to be the stranger whose smile spoke
As if to say "Fret not baby, everything will be okay
I trusted you.



You've always been the same
I believe it's me who's changed
Along with the world, but...
I pray you choose me again
To teach me, that I may learn
I prep myself
To chose you in return.

Forever Yours
Me.

1 comment: