Thursday 18 October 2012

DEAR JOHN

Baby I told you outright to treat me right or I was out like you wouldn't believe
You must've seen my naïve heart on my sleeve for you to conceive the thought that I was never gonna leave
Till you come home to this Dear John letter
This you could've done better letter
Baby, you just put a full stop to our together forever letter.

You know how hard this is for me given how much I am a romantic
And you know me to stick through whatever regardless of how frantic
But I just can't take it anymore
I can't fake it anymore
The thought of being without you lets fear sting in my heart but you're piercing that heart and I won't let you stake it anymore.
My knees bow down to the floor,
I'm slowly losing my will to live
Don't you know I need you me amour?
But you'd rather see me walk out that door
Instead of holding me back so we work out that flaw
Why wait unsure of us yet ready to thrust your fists up when another man secures what should've been yours?
Baby my wait has outrun its course.

Remember when our love was a force to be reckoned with?
Standing sturdy and daring anyone to second it
I mean we beckoned sunshine in the midst of hurricanes and rainbows would appear
And somehow here I am, in hand a farewell letter smudged from each dropping tear
In the rear I can almost hear the teasing giggles boos and jeers
Everybody plays the fool and it looks like I won the Act of the Year.

I'm halfway through this letter riddled with dismay
If only my emotions could set that door in motion and have you march in begging me to stay
Praying that you barge, rip this letter apart and delay this getaway
Better yet, erase this day, toss away the wilted bouquet of yesterday and start anew today.

I want to love nobody but you.

Call you baby while we seize moments in the sheets holding you in where no one else but our babies would pass through
I want this body to be yours and have only you enjoy the view
And this feels too strong for you not to feels it too
It it's true and you do why don't you let me know?
Let is show, let us grow, let's not blow this baby, don't let me go.
But the tears flow down 'cause I'm about to end this Dear John letter,
This you could've done better letter
And you're still a no-show.

For the first time I mean it when I conclude a letter with Sincerely Yours
Faithfully Yours
Truthfully Yours,

Your Loss.

2 comments:

  1. Is this your experience or just an excursion in your mind? Riveting

    ReplyDelete