Tuesday 16 October 2012

THE GRIM POET

The voices be taking over so loudly I want to scream SILENCE!!!
But I must admit my fear of them because they do sort of have a history of violence.

Sometimes my mind’s guilty of the most gruesome crimes
Blood slimes down imagination walls from skulls shattered against them
Scattered upon the floor, the bloody grimes
Plastered across the room like an imagery of the dark times
Ask yourself not whose skulls
Sometimes they’re mine, sometimes they’re yours
Very often they’re faceless.
Do not ask me the cause of this gracelessnesss
‘Cause sometimes it’s baseless
It thrives not from here nor there;
It’s from a place called Placeless.
The madness has officially begun
And the survival rate is from zero to none.

See I knew I found a friend when I picked up my pen
And I was open to some realism to believe in the concept of Zen
Then it turned out my new best friend was my enemy
And yet still I couldn’t shake off this bond because my enemy remained my best friend.
The tip of my pen had written in a peep hole into a prison of thoughts to my soul
Each word freeing a thought was a trigger for this hole to grow bigger
Now go figure why the incarcerated lot stole a glimpse of the outside world and have been dreaming of a freedom stroll ever since.
And they’re too vigorous to convince
I can’t seem to talk them out of their rigorous goal to break free
The role’s been taken from me
It’s like that decision’s no longer mine to make so what does that make me?
A puppet to my mind’s slavery to ink
I’ve been tossed into a pool of my darkest ideologies with the options to swim or to sink
Drinking in what I can’t shut my mouth to, I’m on the brink of a breakdown
‘Cause the voices be getting louder and louder
I need a structure to think.

But then the voices quiet down and I can’t stand it
The system doesn’t work quite the way I planned it
I’m a schizophrenic artist addicted to the lunacy and can’t unhand it
Mastering my art alternatively falling its victim
I’m a synonym to contradiction
Welcome to this poet’s revelation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment