Tuesday 2 October 2012

PHASES

These days that add to me steal from me
I was a whole moon now crescent
A prominent face of innocence
Hassled by an ugly world left barely decent.
I must be a descendant of pain
The rain knows me by name
And told these dark clouds to hover over my head
Just to shower my shame.
And though my finger points at all but me
It is I who is to blame.

I am afraid.
Standing in the middle of myself scared to look around
Tip toeing around my conscience too scared to make a sound
A pound of my flesh for each tragedy told
Another pound still for the hurt
Now ain’t I a sight to behold!

Yesterday has grown cold
The ice keeps melting into my flesh
Seeping through my pores
Saturated with blood oozing from my chest.
I cannot thresh black from white
And so I’m stuck with the grey
The me I was stands in a distance
From the me that I am today.

But these days that steal from me add to me
I am a crescent forming into a full moon
An eminent evidence of growth
A butterfly to emerge from this cocoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment