Monday 26 September 2011

GALLERY OF BROKEN HEARTS

I'm too invested in this thing called love, I'm constantly in that element
Emotions overwhelm me a little too quickly and compromises my intelligence
Cupid must've missed his shot
I must've been standing in somebody's spot
I'm coming up with excuses why this feeling hurts the innocent.
I stood on the battle field so many times, my armour's torn out
My chest organ's been bludgeoned, honestly I'm worn out
Prayers capture that desperate pursuit of happiness
Yet my actions reveal my unwillingness to clean up this beautiful mess
I don't feel at home here, maybe I should just storm out.
What's left of me is outraged
My every being is ready to declare war
Angry voices in my head screaming that I should fight
But now I'm uncertain of what to fight for.
Sentiments run deep, blood flows fiercely through my veins
As I stare hopelessly at my heart's remains
Reflections in the mirror draws out a scarred woman
Frustrations starting to set in, everyday I feel less human.
The canvas is splattered with thickness of red
Oozed out of my body like I slept with thorns in my bed
Pain, hurt and anger displayed underneath these clothes and smile like a work of art
I may just as well be another show piece in the gallery of broken hearts.

3 comments:

  1. 1st of,i would like to say Welcome to BLogsville. Interesting read,i love this post. I have to spread the word. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmmm,this is very nice.Actually got recommendation from DIDI to visit your blog and i must say i'm impressed.Welcome to blogsville.And please,remove your word verification,it stops people from leaving comments most times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks and thanks. Did that ;)

    ReplyDelete