Monday 26 September 2011

SISTERHOOD

This love that I speak of involves no romance
No courtship, no first kiss,
Not the constant holding of hands
As we
Walkthrough the streets, stroll through our lives
Naah, none of that love at first glance.
Our minds have been fixated to
Love only between a boy and a girl
Now I know I’ve seen not much of this world
And my mind may still be in a twirl
But I,
Beg to differ
Cuz you see this girl is like my sister
And I miss her
When I’m not with her
Yes we have our differences
Differences that makes us similar
Cuz though we see the world through different eyes
It’s always the same picture.
These words come not only from my mind
But from the part of my heart
Where she safely lays
Love your neighbor as yourself
So the Good Book says
I’ve known to have loved her more than myself
On those desperate days
When it was
Too hard get up
Too hard to stand
Every step forward
Was like sinking in quicksand
But she made me laugh when all else made me cry
I’d hear her “hello” when voices echoed goodbye
She listened, when my problems, I told her
As tears fell free from my eyes she let me hold her
I was comforted not just by her hands, laps and shoulders
But the words she spoke,
With eyes closed
My burdens she helped me raise to our Heavenly Father
And at that moment I was better.
My lips, I found curled in a smile
Happiness,
A landof hope I had misplaced for a while
And from a child
I grew
Into a woman, I understood
The bond of sisterhood
Dies not on account of adulthood
Rejected not by the joys of motherhood
Matrimony, yes that’s good
But to my friend, I’ll still hold true
Cuz from my point of view
She’s God’s subtle message of ‘’I love you’’
Not many know of this love
That I speak of
This love that the Bible yearns to teach us
I’m a better person just because
I love her.
My friend my sister…

No comments:

Post a Comment