Monday 26 September 2011

TODAY IS MY TOMORROW

Today I grow
I build these bones to battle these sticks and stones
Today I pave my way for tomorrow.
Today I seek my pen and write these words
I fashion my fingers to play these chords
I reach within myself and find that voice
I sing out today is my tomorrow.

I'm ridding my closet of all its skeletons
I'm slowly killing off these demons
I fit my feet in familiar shoes
Retracing my steps, I'm back seated in church pews
My mind captured by the preacher's sermon.
So I swallow Bible verses and teachings while slowly my priorities no longer aimlessly roam
And like the prodigal child today I find my way back home.

Today I love because I can
Like this feeling seeps helplessly through my veins
Embedded permanently in my brain
An evasion would be negligence of the woman I am
The woman I yearn to be
Soaked in this sea of reality
My hopes and dreams keep my head above water
I refuse to drown
I can't be held down
Convince myself its a case of mind over matter
Today I'm a lover and a fighter.

Today I make my own decisions and accept responsibility, no regrets
I face this black and white world head on, no color effects
The girl lives on but the woman's in control
I'm refreshed, renewed
Mind, body and soul.
I keep living, keep learning, keep teaching myself what I should know
It's for my today. Its for my tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. i like this much. the tone. of renewed determination and progress. nice one caterpillar. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Black OneThanks Black One

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wrote this about a year ago.Hmm,it still breathes like it was just created.I like it.

    ReplyDelete