Monday 26 September 2011

SOMETHING ABOUT LOVE

I know about a thing about love
He wraps his body around me and holds my head at that place
That space right between his arm and his face
Leaves my ear pressed against his beating chest
I hear his heart's pace
I pull myself closer and on my head he plants a kiss
I kill off the world in a flap of eyelids
Its just us, nobody exists
There has to be a word for this
Is this bliss?
In his voice I'm thrown in a zone of my own
It feels so natural here
I must be home.
I must've picked out these drapes and painted these walls
Colours burst out like his laughter
I've roamed these halls
Portraits display memories, the opening and closing of every chapter
In each I find a girl in a woman, a woman in a girl
Both lost in a man and a possible happy ever after.

I know a thing about love
He took a piece of my soul
Filled the void with a portion of his and again made me whole
These feelings enslave me
They're projected in my talk, my walk
I feel like one when he calls me baby.
Everyday my smile sings of a new song
A new beat, a tune I ached to hear for so long
My emotions render me weak yet I've never felt so strong.
I know about that feeling when he's not there
My vision's suddenly impaired
And I hate my arms for its inability to draw him near
So I hold on to his lingering scent and replay time spent
Settled on my imagination, I'm content
For soon I trust he'll be here.
And when he arrives I cater to him
Like too much is never enough
Because I know about this feeling
And I believe this thing called love

No comments:

Post a Comment